Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Suzuki Keys

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by 2wheelsagain, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Why is it so hard to find a locksmith who carry's or is prepared to get in Suzuki blanks? I have tried all my local locksmiths.
    Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
    How far do I have to travel to have a spare cut?
    I want one before I really really need one. :mad:

2. It's possible. I got Across keys cut at a hardware store on Racecourse Rd in Flemington, but they are not Suzuki-specific blanks. I think they were meant for grille doors.

Maybe bigger places e.g. Bunnings or auto-specific hardware stores?
  3. Most locksmiths should have a key blank to suit. Just do not tell them it is for a bike as they will automaticaly say no we don't have bike keys. I have had a Virago and an Across key cut at Bunings.
  4. Yeah it shouldnt be THAT hard. :shock: But it has proven to be. I'll give Bunnings a try next. Any excues for a ride! :?
  5. I had the same issue for my dr250. The guy actually ended up using a yamaha key. I got it done at Mitre10.
  6. If ur in melbourne, there is a place in heidelberg called norther lock smiths. This place has lots of blanks and i got keys for my suzuki done here
  7. The locksmiths I've been to have had a look at other blanks but no luck. Maybe the RF is different?

I have the blank code so will start ringing around further afield.

Paranoid about loosing the key now. :?
  8. Last time I had this issue was with my old 300zx.
    I ordered a blank from Nissan and took it into a locksmith and had him cut it for me.

He wasn't keen - said he didn't want to take the risk with a $5 blank instead of his usual stock, but he ended up doing it... key turned out fine.

so it might be worth calling a suzuki dealer and finding out what it costs to order a blank from them
  9. "idependant locksmiths" google for a location near u
  10. next time you go in to a locksmith, ask them to do a blank comparison, there are many different makes that are exactly the same blank, all they have to do is find a blank with the same profile (broaching- locksmith term :grin: ) if they are incapable of doing that just let them know word of mouth travels far, if they havent got the time to satisfy a customer

james the locksmith hahaha
  11. Poser :roll: :LOL:
  12. hey what it one day i'll find out where you live already know where you work :LOL:
  13. We got a spare cut for the Across in Batemans Bay. The blank is a “Silca YH29R†this could be the same one you need. Or at least you could use it as a starting point.
  14. SZ10R required here.
    We have checked just about every profile in the 2 local shops. I'm calling back into one after work to see if they have been able to scrounge one up. Both shops have been good service wise. Just cant get a blank.
  15. If your east Vic as your avatar says,leaves pretty big scope.There was a guy who cut spare for my Bandit few years back at Carribean gardens Sunday Market
  16. genuine blank suzuki keys are about $20
  17. I've never had a problem with getting keys cut, I just go to the nearest locksmith and they cut it for me. I've had rare and imported cars, a suzuki bike and 4x4. I don't understand what the problem is, they just match up a generic blank and cut it I thought :?
  18. Well why didnt I think of that? I can now stop wishing and clicking my heals together! :p
  19. I'm opening a new business!

I'll buy and post you the blanks at rediculous prices!
  20. How rediculous?? :)

I think my problem is solved. Will post outcome tomorrow night.
    I've scored a decent ride out of this anyway. :grin: