Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Suzuki Katana 250

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by 00Dave, Sep 10, 2012.

1. I am picking up my new bike tomorrow! A Suzuki Katana 250!!!!! SO EXCITED!!!!!!!! Will post pics shortly!
    :D :D :D :D :D

2. Is it the twin-cylinder Katana, or the four-cylinder?
  3. Four-cylinder.
  4. Ah yes, had one of those as my first bike. Would probably still be riding it now if a car hadn't killed it (though as it was I still put something like 45-50,000kms on it).

They're not exactly quick to tip into a corner, but on the other hand I've never come across a 250 that was more stable (250 Bandit is close but only because it's virtually the same bike). Looking forward to seeing the pics. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Beautiful bikes, those.
  6. It's my first bike too! I've been riding my brothers 2000 CB250 which is slow, heavy and not a very enjoyable ride. So I'm very excited to get something with a bit of poke and that sounds great. :)

I'm picking it up this arvo! I'M REALLY EXCITED! :D
  7. Here are the Pics.

Attached Files:

8. Just so you know those rear shocks aren't standard - though not sure whether that's a good or bad thing (the factory shocks were very good quality Kayabas). Pod air filter and paint scheme certainly ain't stock either, but I expect you would have already spotted those.

Good luck with it. Like I said I had one of these for quite a few years so if you have any questions feel free to ask. :)

Here's a pic of the one I had, just for comparison (mine was completely stock - except for the homemade ventura rack on the back)