Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Suzuki K7 mirrors and track days

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Mr Luke, Sep 10, 2009.

1. I did a search but couldn't turn up anything on what I thought must have been asked before. Does anyone have any experience in ripping mirrors off a K7 for a track day? Since they have the indicators in them and there is a wire running up the inside of the front fairing, I'm not 100% sure how to get them off? I thought they might have a sliding connection or something, but the owner's manual and the workshop manual are both silent on the point.

Love to hear from other owners who have successfully popped them off and how they did it?
  2. Will they let you just tape them up?
  3. Yeh probably. But I guess that's the second resort if they don't come off? I might just ring Suzuki.

We should take bets - who thinks they won't know :LOL: ?
  4. They come off easy, just depends on the size of your hammer
  5. My hammer is massive :cool: ...if you have any attractive friends/relatives/daughters, please let them know. I can provide my contact details on request.
  6. im sure if you unbolt the mirror you will be able to trace the cables to the point where they connect... there would be terminals near the mirror somewhere if not... weird.
  7. they connect behind the dash,just undo allen bolt on dash and pull it out(it clips in with them plug things so you have to pull it hard)then you can get to the wires witch just unclip.
  8. Thanks Movistar - most helpful!
  9. Either that or just fold them in