Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Suzuki Intruder VL250 - starting needs throttle

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by firstknight, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Hi ya guys. I just got my 2007 VL250. Everything of it runs great but something about it that bugs me and even the seller told me the same thing he faces.

The engine starts cold easily.. no problem at all. The slight problem is that once the engine is switched off and wanted to start it again, it doesn do so without the need to give a few throttle. There were once that when I arrived my destination I slowed down and stopped the bike, the engine sounded slowed down and went dead. So far this happens once after many days of riding.

I have tried choke but it wont work. Tried fuel petcock to Primary also doesnt work. Shake the bike front and back a bit didnt work. Only thing that work is using the throttle with a little rev.

So is this a normal thing or something I could do about before I head over to a mechanic.

Thanks in advance.
  2. Sounds like you might have some crap in the tank or carby.
    I'd flush the tank and clean the filters. If that doesn't help then go for the carby.
  3. May also need spark plugs looked at/replaced, could be carboned up a bit, any idea when they were last replaced or serviced?
  4. Can you share how do I properly flush the tanks and clean filters or check the carby?

the seller said he replaced it at 7000 if not mistaken. Anyway.. will try to remove the spark plug and check first....

Thanks you for all your advise.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. After you have posted a welcome / new rider message,
    do a search on ' flush fuel tank ' . There should be plenty of notes and info on the process.
    It starts with removing the fuel tank.
  6. OK.. found out the carby is too rich need to adjust... next problem the screw seems to be stuck (thats what the mechanic said) so any advise to DIY this situation?