Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Suzuki Intruder Mods

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' at netrider.net.au started by Mick from Para Hills, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Can anyone suggest any simple mods for a suzuki Intruder 250 to give it a bit more grunt?

2. sell it and upgrade.

sorry but the fact is its a 250. most you can expect with a pipe, airbox modding and jetting is another 10-15% more power. and anything more then that is $$$$ and not worth the effort for the gains.

3. I'm in the same situation Mick. I've decided to gut the pipe but that's about as far as I'm gonna bother. I'll just save my pennies till I can afford something bigger, rather than throw money at a 250 :)

4. As already said Mick, being a 250 its not really worth it, plus there's a lack of mods for 250's.

5. Mate, i got an intruder too... Its just not fast. Sorry buddy.

1. its a cruiser
    2. its small....

1 + 2 = Slowwwww.

I indend on upgrading after feb.

6. turbo.
    Will cost more than the bike to set it up properly and will be slower than a 600.

7. Hi. I know everyone says sell the 250 intruder but thats not an option. Im short just 5 foot. And have problems with height of bikes dont laugh but my intruder was lowered. I also struggle with weight of bikes. There must be something i can do or go where i can customize mine. Any suggestions besides nope would be great. Thanks

8. There are always things that can be done to any engine or bike, and depending on your level of mechanical aptitude you may even be able to do some yourself.

But, you will never gain much extra power without spending silly amounts of money. And even then, you might still only gain a few percentage points.

Maybe try basics first. Make sure the bike is running as per spec, make sure its got good plugs, oil, oil filters etc. Tuned up properly, all of that.

Gearing changes might be available for it, Im not sure, but sadly you are right, for some shorter rider there are not many choices

9. Sell the intruder and buy a Kawasaki el250 or vn250. Suzuki has 24hp v 33hp for the Kawasaki

10. #10 Jeffco, Sep 20, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  11. Even though they are getting abit old and rare the el250 is a great little learner bike. They go pretty good for what they are imho

12. For what's its worth I've had my EL for 4 &1/2 years & put almost 50,000 ks on her.

Im 164cms or 5'4 and a half :p

Never had an issue with speed power or lack there of.

It gets to $1:20 without a problem, but if you need anymore than that it will take its time to get there :p and sound like a banshee doing it:)

Yes its not quick off the mark in comparison to most bikes, but still good enough for most cars :)

Whilst I am now looking for a replacement its not due to being unhappy with the bike.

13. The Missus has one of these for the same reason as you- but you're taller than her. I'd look at putting better flowing aircleaners on but otherwise I agree with the others, it's not worth spending too much cash on these bikes.

14. Yes, there is , although in spanish or portugese