Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Suzuki Intruder 250 handlebars

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by mechanism, May 19, 2012.

1. Hey everyone, Before i start with my question and thoughts, I will let you know a little bit of background as to why I want to do this rather than sell it and get a meatier bike. I use this bike to get to work 5 days a week. its about 35 - 45 minutes each way. and coming home in traffic is a biatch.

Basically I'm thinking about getting a slightly narrower, drag bar and less 'intrusive' (i know...) mirrors.

I love the bike for my daily commute, the petrol per week is about $16.00 compared to the $70 odd bucks i was paying in my falcon. I am not selling the bike and upgrading when I am off restrictions, I will get a second bike for weekend cruising most likely. The only problem I have with this bike is the wide bars and bulky round mirrors that stick up like a bugs antennae.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what i should get, how i should go about changing them over (can i do it myself?) and anything else like getting new grips to go with? or what kind of mirrors?

Links would be really helpful. I think the bars are 22mm (7/8") diameter. I don't think i need new risers, just use the ones already on there.

thanks in advance