Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Suzuki GSX250F Across issue

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by toastr, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Morning All,

On the way into work I encountered a problem with my 1997 across. About half way up the west gate bridge it started sounding horrible and lost a heap of power, like it was running on one cylinder. While i was still able to get it home the RPM reading was 0 no matter what revs. It was barely able to take off without stalling.

Would really appreciate if any of you have seen this symptom before? Can anyone here recommend a good rolling mechanic. I'm not terribly handy with the bike yet (though i want to learn).
    Thanks in advance.

2. theres a few places to look and i'd normally start with the carbs and spark plugs, but the tacho comment eludes to more serious electrical/mechanical issues?

get it to a workshop.
  3. Can you recommend anyone? I live in Footscray and prob cant ride it too far as is
  4. I have had the same problem, every time it happens, I just pull the clutch in, rev it out to about 6000RPM and slowly let the clutch out, this usually fixes it.

I'm about to change out the throttle sliders in both the carbies which I hope will fix it. The sliders wear out and alot of problems are caused by them

I'll let you know how it goes, won't be for another couple of days though