Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Suzuki GSX250 Repair/Restoration

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by DNL, Aug 10, 2008.

1. A mate and i bought an 82 GSX250 for $100....I'm pretty sure I got a good deal. Another mate dropped in the Haynes Owners workshop manual yesterday and we started to undress the old girl a tad.

The bike has not fired up yet, seems to have reasonable compression, and we managed to get it into N. It has been dropped, bent pegs, road scrapes, plastics broken etc...but when we removed the seat, tail light assembly and rear wheel guard, we discovered a bent frame. It appears it has been pushed inwards and downwards on one side of the main frame and not the swinging arm.

So long story short questions - does anyone know of a good motorcycleframe straightener in the ACT or regionally, and what issues could be expected.

Importantly, are there any good spare parts suppliers on the net for these older suzi's

2. I'm in Melbourne mate, so I can't help you out, but keep us posted with your progress. I've got a '84 GSX-250 sitting in my garage and I'm trying to decide whether I should bring it up to roadworthy (it's not in as bad shape as yours) or rip all the fun bits out for a go-kart.

edit: I've got a .pdf copy of the Haynes manual, so let me know if you want it and I'll put it up on mediafire.

edit #2: Perhaps I should have read your post before making that offer...
  3. I'd love a copy of the .pdf haynes manual, if you still have it Fitty..

I've picked up one, and I'll need all the information I can get.