Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Suzuki GSX250 or similar

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by Schemz, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Looking for a commuter for my wife. We don't want to spend buckets of cash and I am happy to do some resto work on a sensibly priced bike.

Seems that early '80s Suzuki GSX250 is worthwhile. Would buy a Honda 250 twin (not VT250F!) but they are always much higher priced than the Suzi.

Can anyone share some knowledge or ideas re the GSX or an alternative? I am sure I can buy something on the road for $1000 registered. Whaddyareckon??
    :) :?:

2. Old Suzukis always seem to sell for less than equivalent Hondas - not really sure why though there's certainly no major problems with the early GSXs. Another option for a good, cheap 250 would be a Yammy SRX250, only a single but given the age/price range your looking at performance is going to have more to do with condition than number of cylinders.