Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Suzuki GSX-R re-spray new colour

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by Lament, Feb 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. As the title suggests. Anyone have any recommendations? I've got an 07 Suzuki GSX-R. Bike is looking a little weathered, and looking at getting it's color completely changed to get that new bike kind of feel.

2. I'm liking this thread already :).

Don't do a Matt black paint job looks shit and also don't do a rattle can job either .

I used photoshop to see what colours looked best on mine before I spent a huge amount of money doing my wheels.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Candy apple red mate.
    With black accents.

• Like Like x 2
  4. #4 German mistress, Feb 6, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
    . It's going to cost a couple of grand to paint it candy.

5. He asked for ideas, nothing about budget. I gave him one.

Personally I hate custom painted bikes. They scream out " I've been in a massive bingle and my original paint was toast.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Where are you is a starting point, I would think. I got my bike completely redone in Sydney for $800 but that doesn't help you if you're in Bundaberg...

7. Well considering it seems you can buy a whole new set of fairings minus the gas tank for around 900$. Anything round that price that includes the gas tank and I'll be interested. Would be nice to change it to a blue colour that's not too common.

8. ... What's that multi-coloured stuff they put on show cars? Costs a mint, but every time you move a few inches, it all changes colour... Looks sensational, on most things anyway...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. You mean the Chameleon paint? That screams late 90s to me. A nice subtle pearl would look better IMO

10. Try full chrome paint job - not sure I've seen anyone gaudy up a bike like that yet!

• Like Like x 1
  11. I went pearl white with dark grey accents and some carbon fiber bits a couple years ago, with metallic blue logo.
    If you have OEM fairings get them painted, Chinese fairings although cheap, are cheap.

12. It's a bit confronting... Apparently this is vinyl so can be taken off

image. image.

• Like Like x 1
  13. now that's ugly, looks like a cross between a Transformer & T1000 gone wrong.

14. They're not the best looking bikes to start with. I'd say it's going to take a while to sell.

I liked suzukis black & blue scheme

image.

• Like Like x 3
  15. that's NICE

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Vinyl wrap in wood panelling design ;)

17. Somewhere, someone with too much money and a completely is constructed sense of style and taste was bound to have done it. Well done for tracking it down. Dubai or America I'm guessing

18. Unfortunately.....

Capture.JPG

• Funny Funny x 4
  19. Yours for only $4999 AU

Regents Park, QLD

20. New bike feel? I think you actually just want a new bike ;)
    All paint will do is make you pedantic of every raindrop, scratch and stone chip

If you decide to sell generally a slightly weathered bike will be more attractive then a resprayed bike without a good excuse.