Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

suzuki gsr600

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by giro-pilot, Jun 29, 2008.

1. hi all dose any one how many km can you get from a tank of fuel on a gsr600 when low fuel start fashing dose it do any thing else befor it runs out of fuel

Good evening ladies and gentlemen,

I was wondering whether any of you wonderful net riders would be able to inform me of the distance in kilometers I could expect from a GSXR-600 once the fuel light is illuminated.

Thanking you kindly,
  3. It should start flashing with about 2lt left .
    The next thing it does is stop then you start pushing :LOL:
  4. :rofl: :rofl:
  5. You, sir, are a smartarse.

I shall buy you a beer someday.
  6. It all depends on da flux capacitor, and how many gigahertz your tank holds before the self destruct light starts to flash.
    Or if you already have access to said bike,

Your mission should you decide to accept it, is to fill your tank up, reset your most technical of devices ............. the trip meter and ride till the pretty red light comes on. Then a quick glance will tell you, WIBF'd I can get 'X' amount of kms out of a tank.

Then you can go and try doing this a few times with different parameters,
    eg: city, touring, track, twisties. Then if you get in the habit of reseting your trip meter every time you fuel up. Then 'if' the little red light ever stops working you will still be able avoid running out of fuel, since you'll have a good idea of how far you should get to a tank.
    But in answer to your question? strap a spare fuel can to your bike, ride it till the red light comes on, reset the trip meter. then continue riding till it stops.

This message will self destruct in 5 seconds.

ps: left on 1st
  7. Ktulu just called someone a smartarse. That's as agro as he gets. Careful you lot.
  8. you all ride suzuki gsr600 thanks for your help all
  9. Getting paid in beer to be a smartarse??? That has to be my dream job :LOL:
  10. I was thinking the same thing on my bike, when filled up it shortly went on red and i thought this bike isn't reaching its fuel consumption.

So what i did to get an indicator of how many klm's, i filled up the tank to the top (X litres), then rode it gently (engine was being run in)..
    Then when the light came on i went to the servo and filled it up to the brim again and it only took 9 litres to fill. On my 15.5litre tank meaning around 5 litres left in it.
    I managed to do a 100kays on the light and my light didnt flash like some said it might, i didn't want to risk it but i know how many kays i get to the tank.
    Oddly shaped tanks will contribute and when you go up hills it turns off :LOL: