Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC Suzuki DRZ250 - Melb airport

Discussion in 'Stolen Bike Register' started by es, Jul 27, 2011.

1. If you regularly park at melb airport and saw my bike prior to it going missing please let me know, as this can help pin point the time it was stolen. I left it at 6am on sunday morning and when i came back today it was gone.

it was cabled to a post under the ramp that is behind the car rentals (short term car park), helmet attached.

if you have any information please let me know, if you would prefer to report anonymously please contact crime stoppers on 1800 333 000 or caufield police station on 03 9524 9500

Dearly missed, this beautiful lady and i shared many fond memories. I would love to see her again, but if i dont, i can only hope she will be treasured by her new companions and not thrashed and burnt :(

hope not too many others were hit from the same spot over the weekend, but grumpy's thread here shows all his gear was taken too - undoubtedly at the same time by the same people :( https://netrider.net.au/forums/showthread.php?t=123981

rego: EPG490
    eng: j428104974
    vin: js1sj45a000501761

Note: the bike had been lowered with DRZ400 links, the side stand had been shortened to match.

this image is thanks ResmeN; where i parked.

Attached Files:

2. #2 Chef, Jul 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2014
    Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! :(

I know you loved that bike Es. I know you don't wish the thieves harm but that doesn't have to stop me.

...actually the queue will be quite long.
  3. shes a sexy little minx, i totally understand how they couldnt resist her ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Did you park IN the short term carpark, or just next to short term?

I ask because if you didn't actually park IN short term, they may have just towed it away.
  5. :'(
    Those bastards.
    I will keep an eye out for her. I also hope that she's not too badly treated.
  6. Ahem, yes well.....good thing you weren't there or they would of taken you too.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. it was the weekend for it...my bike was in the exact same section and all my gear was stolen from it...wont hijack your thread though i will start a new one with my info.
  8. hi mate, i parked under the ramp in the photo, in the short term park.

before i reported it stolen I also contacted the airport to double check that they hadnt towed it cos i didnt want to look like an idiot ;)

bloody sucks dude. at least i have insurance on the bike!

BTW grumpy, do you have any idea approx what time your gear was taken?
  9. yeah it blows doesnt it....no idea when it was taken I parked it at 7am on the 23rd and returned to no gear on the 25th at 8pm
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Sorry to hear of your loss.Have you checked if any security cameras are in that area,worth the ask.Hope you have some luck..Cheers Tezza.
  11. that sucks for sure. :(

certainly do hope you get to see your beloved bike again.

i am going to write a letter describing how much my bike means to me,
    and how much i would really love to see it again.
    laminate it, and leave it under the seat.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. I think I'll do the same.
  13. love it karel, great idea. a bit of haiku or better yet, a limerick!!!
  14. That sux big time Es! That bike seemed perfect for you. :( At least you had thins one insured so you will be able to replace it with another. :)

Even still, if I see anyone riding your baby down this way I will kill the rider and beat the corpse until my fists hurt. :)

It sounds like pro thieves though so it's probably being sold part by part on ebay already. Might be worth looking for DRZ parts there and reporting any bits you recognise. :)
  15. same goes down my way, if i find these little idiots lord help them
    at least it was insured
    if i get a drz250 in the shop you will have first dibs on her at the price we got it for
    • Like Like x 1
  16. i checked out ebay but im not holding my breath.

hey badbt1 what shop do you work at? i had gear attached to my bike so will need to replace all that too, i think my insurance covers a fair bit of it.
  17. es, sorry to hear about this latest drama, that's the second bike you've had stolen, isn't it :(.

I hope things work out...

and I like your new avatar too :)
  18. hey paul long time no chat, yeah its the second bike thats been stolen.

what a sucky week - you know how they say crappy stuff happens in threes - that was only the start of my three!

anyway weekend is about to begin so hopefully sunnier days ahead :)
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Just caught up with this, bugger Es sorry to hear it this sucks

Tapatalking from somewhere, maybe even behind you so look out!!!
  20. you make it sound like you found the guy who stole the stuff?