Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC Suzuki DR650 - Brunswick

Discussion in 'Stolen Bike Register' started by cameronp, Feb 5, 2014.

1. My '01 Suzuki DR650 was stolen from the front of my house today (Brunswick, Victoria). Registration BR242. Bright yellow, with racks for hard luggage. It's been reported to the police and the insurers, but I'm not really expecting to see it again.

I'd only owned it for just over a week, and had ferry tickets booked to Tasmania departing Friday. So it's not just meant the loss of the bike, it's ruined my holiday plans as well.

Utter scumbags.

2. Mate, sorry about your loss.

It might pay to post your bikes detail (include a photo, if you have one) on the:
    Advrider australia forum.
  3. Oh, no I can feel your pain, sorry to hear this mate.

Can you post the VIN?
  4. Sorry to hear that Cam. Bloody bastards need guting.
  5. Unbelievable.... sorry to hear mate
  6. Sorry to hear man, you still have your old bike?
  7. Nope, the VTR's gone.

In good (ish) news, the cops called to say they've found the bike and towed it to a storage facility. Guess I'll find out tomorrow what kind of condition it's in.
  8. Argh man. That's fcuked. Hope it all works out.
  9. Scuz-bots........

Still so many bikes being nicked.......it's a bloody epidemic.

Hope you get a good result OP - either recovery or fair insurance settlement.
  10. Many bikes being stolen to order for parts (I believe mine was).
    Just hope there is enough left to work with.
  11. glad it's found and hoping it's OK. What an arse thing. Get an italian bike.. no one seems to want them :D
  12. Thanks everyone for your supportive comments!

Well the police have gone over it for evidence, I had a look and saw no serious damage, but decided that since the electrical system had been screwed with and it wouldn't start it would be best to get someone qualified to look over it. So it's being towed to the mechanic tomorrow for s full check up.

Interestingly it was found in a garage a few hundred metres from my house. Sounds a bit like the cops might have known where to look for it.
  13. burn the place mate, early in the morning while they are asleep
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Glad you have got your bike back Cam(y),any consolation you know who to fcuk up:sneaky:
  15. I live quite close in North Fitzroy and leave for work just after 4:00am, so a short detour wouldn't be too much of a hassle. Really glad you got your bike back. :)