Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Suzuki DL650 accessories

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by talon, Dec 8, 2006.

1. I'm looking very closely at buying a Suzuki DL650 dual purpose bike, however the one thing it seems to be missing is decent engine protection in the form of a lower cowling to protect the front cylinder and exhaust and the oil cooler. The DL1000 has a small plastic one, but not the 650. Does anyone know of a manufacturer either locally or overseas who makes one? The only one I have seen is from a manufacturer in Greece, and the website is all in Greek. It looks good and like a factory accessory. Perhaps I could get my local fish and chip shop owner to translate it for me. Any help would be appreciated.

2. What is the URL, I'll translate it for you
  3. To answer my own question, I found the website www.vstrom.info and clicked onto the forum which gives a wealth of information on the 650 and 1000 v-strom. Its an international website, but still very useful.
  4. Try these guys - ask for Ron - very helpful and reasonable prices

He should be able to point you elsewhere if he can't get them or let us know and I'll search around for some other shops for you.

Things might be cheaper overseas but the bulkier the item the more expensive shipping is.