Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Suzuki Bikes Recall

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by seefu, Mar 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Not sure if this has been posted before, did a search and couldn't find anything recent.

Some Suzuki bikes made between 2009 and 2010 have been recalled for R/R issues.

I now need to make a booking with my dealer to get my Gladius sent in. Fun.
  2. Its actually 2008-09 models according to that recall
  3. Ah so it does. Sorry about that.

I wonder if my April '10 Gladius will fit into that bracket..
  4. I've just spoken to SCM and was advised to wait until Suzuki send me a letter about it.
    Was told that the govt website has jumped the gun a little, since Suzuki haven't decided what years/models are affected themselves, let alone started distributing the parts!
    Then again, I've also seen a bulletin that Suzuki USA has out, which does NOT include ANY model from 2010, but DOES include the 2009 Gladius.
    I'm a little confused but there doesn't seem to be much I can do about it, since the dealer doesn't have any more info than us at this stage.
  5. The 2009 GSX-R 750 that I recently bought was only 3 months old when it's rectifier went. just had a chat to Suzuki in Seafood and they said in January of this year they had quite a few new bikes come through with knackered rectifiers.
  6. I had a GSXR750 in the shop last week that caught fire after the reg/rec decided to short out and over heat. Check out the pictures. Click here
  7. Apparently this is also a problem on the Street Triples? (Haven't heard of any catching fire though)
  8. Is the any ref on the bike we can check? Mine is a second hand one so I wont receive any notification from suzuki.
  9. did you get fries with that :rofl:???
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.