Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Suzuki Bandit VVT Question

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Rory, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Hi all!

I have been reading these forums for quite some time now while waiting to get a motorcycle and have purchased a 2000 model GSF250V. The bike wasn't running very well when I bought it and I was intending to fix it. There were a few things that needed fixing/changing/repair in general servicing and also the electrical system.

So it starts perfectly and runs/rides amazingly now, its a very responsive and solid bike. However when it transitions from the Lo to Hi cam position the bike feels like it is no longer accelerating for 1 to 1.5 seconds - once this delay is over the bike accelerates hard all the way to redline with no flat spots (and continues to pull cleanly through other gears with the VVT engaged).

I have owned a v-tec powered car previously and currently own a Swift Sport with VVT. The v-tec had the slightest delay when it transitioned and I can't notice a delay at all in the swift (that said the swift has an extra decade of technical innovation).

In short - should there be a noticeable hesitation? Should I be worried? would it take that long for the oil pressure to be redirected/increase and move the position of the cam?

Sorry for the extremely wordy question!