Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Suzuki Bandit part interchangability

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' at netrider.net.au started by dimi, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Wondering what parts from what bikes will be a direct replacement on my bike (2000 Suzuki GSF250V Bandit).

I've been looking around and i know that the 400cc version is basically the same so thats a start.
    I heard these bikes use a GSXR motor? not sure if theres any truth to that...

Basically im curious as finding information for this bike is like finding a 5c coin in an olympic size swimming pool, bit hard.

Not to mention service manuals arn't easy to find either... so thats another thing.

Any ideas? anyone?

2. I dont know about parts for the 'V' model, but it cant be as bad as the 93 model import bandit. Now that was frustrating. Yes the bandits do share many things with the 400, but as far as i know, they were never brought here, so any parts you can find will be overseas.

What parts did you need or want anyway mate?

Good luck with it mate.

fingers89

3. Nothing really at the moment. But it would be great info to know if something happens, or theres something i wanna upgrade or change.

Thanks for replying.

4. Well for replacement parts, you can try a dealer, because yours was officially imported into australia, if unsucessful you can always try some wreckers.

when it comes to upgrading things, it can be tricky, but certain things can be really easy. bar ends, mirrors, grips and tank protectors are all fairly universal so you shouldnt have major problems, an exhaust would probably have to be done at an exhaust shop. you just gotta have a look around, maybe do some research into whatever you wanna do.

Good luck with it all mate, they really are a fun little bike. Ive only just fixed mine since my girlfriend crashed it, and its almost more fun than the gsxr750. ALMOST.

Fingers89