Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Suzuki bandit 250 won't start

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by avanti_rider, May 24, 2010.

1. Hi guys, have been having trouble with my bandit backfiring, so i have taken the seat, airbox and carbs off the bike, cleaned the carbs and then replaced all these items. I also drained the tank of the fuel.

I am now having problems starting the bike. All of the electrics work, and the ignition is "clicking", but i cannot get the bike to fire. Is there something i am missing? possibly something i didn't replace??

Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys!

2. If it's clicking but the starter motor isn't spinning, then you either have a flat battery or a bad connection in the main battery leads.

If the starter is spinning, but the motor isn't firing, then that isn't uncommon once you've overhauled carbs. Make sure the tap is on "Pri" and keep cranking.

Try holding the starter button and slowly winding open the throttle.
  3. Cheers mate, just gave followed you're advice and it started (i guess once the carb floats got enough fuel).

Thanks again!