Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Suzuki across leaking fuel from bottom hose

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by frankd, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Heya all,

I just parked my bike in the garage and noticed its leaking fuel like slow drops from a hose that comes out from under the bike. It looks like the hose that runs from the fuel cap to remove excess fuel from spilage but its a seperate hose next to that one. I didn't drop the bike, I plugged it up for now until I find some sort of source for the problem.

Does anybody have some ideas why fuel is coming out from there?

2. You may have a float needle stuck open. Make sure you check the oil level before you start next time.

You may also have trouble starting.

3. cool, ill try see if i can have a look at the float needle. I did have problems starting it yesterday before I found out about the problem.

Do you think if I get it started and rev it up a bit the needle might get unstuck?
    The previous owner of this bike rounded the screws for the carby covers up so I cant turn the screws to get the cover off.

Think I might just let her drain into a bucket instead of blocking it for now, im thinking it might overflow

4. They do sometimes, but it's more likely to happen under load. Give it a fang in second.

Mind it may not be that. Just my first guess, without seeing the problem specifically.

5. Ah, its a pity I told teh guy buying my across that he can take my spares... I have a replacement carb set that may have sorted your problem.

I'll encourage him to sign up here and maybe he can send em your way (cos he won't need them, i just got them cos I needed the idle adjuster cable).

6. thanks for your help fellas,

i tried her out before and she seems ok now. sometimes they like to have a bit of a biatch and then there ok :)

Must have been bad time of the month for her :grin: