Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Suzuki Across front wheel damage

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by TassieRider, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Hi,

I have a 1996 Suzuki Across. The bike is in great condition except the front rim has a dent in it. It rides fine but I don't like it, makes me feel nervous when cornering hard. It's more of a 'warp' rather than a ding, probably 2 inches long, just a slight 'wave'. Photo's would probably help but don't have any sorry...

So... does anybody have an across front rim they don't need?

(I'm not allowed to post in the wanted section for some reason...)

Thanks in advance people!!

2. rims can be repaired by mechanically rolling out the dent. sometimes they heat it up, but they didn't have to for my rim repair.

cost me $90 so it depends whether you can find a replacement rim or if there's any repairers down your way.
  3. Yeah, get it repaired if you can, keep an engineer in a job rather than a wrecker! Cost me $130 odd to get the front wheel of my CX re rolled & balanced, worth every cent. :grin:

Can't remember who I used, but it probably won't help you in tassie anyway...
  4. As long as you know an alloy trued rim is not technically allowed to be ridden on the road again according to vicroads.
  5. Thanks for the advice everyone!

I'll investigate getting it straightened out...