Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Suzuki Across dash cluster lights/lamps [TAS]

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by horto15, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Hey guys,

I have decided to try to learn a bit more about my bike over Easter (have had my L's for 3 months) and have been pulling it apart and trying to repair/upgrade a few parts. So far I have replaced the rear light switch because my rear light wouldn't work when I depressed the rear brake and I was pretty happy with myself! I replaced the rear tail lights with LED replacements but found they are not as bright as the incandescent bulbs, so I put the old bulbs back in and wrote off the LEDs as a bad investment ($20). Have also ordered a new rear light lense cover as the one on the bike is cracked due to a previous owner dropping it.

I have resprayed the exhaust and the round part of the engine that sticks out on the left side of the bike which I assume is part of the sump (complete guess) and they look 100% - there were scratched rusted where a previous owner had dropped the bike. Resprayed the bar ends as well and they look great, and did some general touch ups to the paint.

I am doing a service to the bike tomorrow with a mate who knows more about bikes than me, which will be a good learning experience!

The last thing I did was pull apart the dash cluster to see about upgrading the bulbs to white LEDs for enhanced vision at night time. I thought they would be standard globes but are more like plug in bulbs, however I found what I believe to be replacement globes on the following link:

My question is: does anyone know whether I would need the T5 globes, or the T10 globes? I cannot tell which I would need from looking at them and am hoping someone out there will be able to help me out with this.

Any help appreciated!! Thanks a lot
  2. I put white LED's in my bandit 250 cluster. They were T5 bulbs and i needed 3 of them, i would say its the same for the across.
  3. Thanks for the info mate, I was thinking the T5 bulbs look the best fit for a replacement so I will go with that and see what happens. Only diff is I need 4!

Did you notice that they were better than the standard globes, or not so good?
  4. Definitely better. Bit brighter at night. Also provide a nice white light instead of an ugly yellow :cool: