Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

suzuki across 250

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by lyn4147, Apr 27, 2009.

1. :cry:
    I recently put my beloved bike in for a service and came back with the news that my bike ticks loudly under the seat where my fuel is when i turn on my bike. I know its normal for this model... but its very loud. I was told it was my fuel pump... but then i read on the trusty net that it could be my carby, fuel line, battery. I really dont want to be fixing one thing and finding that its not that and some thing else. Does any one know what it could be???? and does any one know how much a fuel pump part is... i was quoted at $150 upwards to 300?!

2. its fine mate mine did it to...it was prettyloud too
  3. Yep mine does it too, pretty sure it's normal. It's just the pump priming the line I think.
  4. same here mate
  5. Well thats great to hear... i think ill just get the other things fixed first and then see how that really load ticking goes.

I have to say its loud at first then subsides... so all of you that have replied may be right.