Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Suzuki 250 Bandit Issue

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by avanti_rider, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Hi Guys,
    Just doing some basic servicing on a mates bike after he purchased it second hand, and have come across a problem. I have taken the air filter out of the bike to clean it, and noticed that in the bottom of the air box is a small amount of fuel. Does anyone know if this is a problem?? If so, how can it be fixed/prevented??

Thanks in advance!

2. Is it fuel or oil? Most bikes have an oil over flow/breather tube that goes back into the airbox, that's normal.

If it's fuel, not sure.
  3. Definitely fuel, the air filter also had a strong fuel smell to it...
  4. Could just be overflow from the carbs... The air cleaner is a circular cardboard/steel filter right, rather than a foam filter?

I reckon clean it out, put it back together, check it in a week or two.
  5. ...wait...what? ive never had a bike like that...

a liitle fuel in the airbox isnt that uncommon due to a bit of carbie backpressure/overflow
  6. Haven't all your bikes been frankensingles? :)

Both my CX500 & the TRX have crankcase breathers that go into the airbox, & a friends GSF250 definately has one.