Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Suziki GS250 - Should I?

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' at netrider.net.au started by Ejwil, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Hey guys, still new to riding ( just got my P's last weekend, apparently I am the only one they have had that is 18/havent already got there P's on a car 8-[ )

I want to start to learn how to work with a bike, I have done some basic stuff with my kawaski GPX250 however I made a little error with my carb syncing and lets just say it was off to the shop for a week and thats not good as its my only transport.

I have been looking around and I have found a bike in good condition, all the parts, engine is said to be in good condition, engine turns over with a spark but wont start up. If I could get it for cheap, would it be worth it trying to fix it up and getting it to work? or should I just stay away from messing with bikes all together? :p

Thanks for any tips you can give

2. How cheap is cheap? I think it's a fantastic idea if you're got plenty of room to make and leave a mess! There are a million rebuild threads on the net and no shortage of people to ask questions of if you get stuck, I say go for it!

I've been following this guys attempt to rebuild an early Yamaha Tenere from a rusted pile of parts, it's a very good illustration of what can be done with a bit of elbow grease and time.
    Just Dan's go at a major resto on a early model Tenere

J.

3. I'm with him; if you've got the money and the space and the interest, buy a bomber and learn stuff on it.....

4. yea, that can be done with alot of time Mahoney, that will be my aim for 2020 :p

Just going to make sure i have some space to work on it then I might just go for it, no harm in trying

5. hoping to get it for under 300 as its not running, worth the investment?