Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Suspension for big boy

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Big bilg, Nov 23, 2014.

1. My 2002 intruder 1500 needs major suspension who's the best in Sydney?

2. Jim Gunn - Zenodamper
  3. .?? Do you know a suspension freak
  4. Do a bit a search above. there's been quite a few threads over the years (which probably explains the lack of response). there are 2 or 3 guys in Sydney who will rebuild your current ones.

The alternative is just buy some online. Your bike is common enough in the US to have plenty of online options. You should be able to get some indication of a good spring rate for your size.

that's rear shocks of course.
  5. There are "gurus" out there who have online businesses, who don't know jack shit about good suspension tuning. While RaceTech is very good, a lot of people have had troubles with getting the kits right. I've heard very good things about Traxxion Dynamics (haven't heard anything bad about them, actually), but suspension guys in Oz might be reluctant to install something that isn't theirs.
  6. Thanks guys. Yep my wife and I are 250kg combined, I heard there was a guru in Liverpool Nsw , however, I havnt been able to find him
  7. Dude like you me and my wife are heavy. Fournales Air shocks is what you need. No spring just air with oil damping. Can't bottom out and can set up perfectly from single all the way to two up with luggage.
  8. Ta tried zenodamper his email returned, will check out the above ideas cheers all