Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Suspension advice wanted

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Dave Milligan, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Would the suspension gurus around these parts like to comment on rear suspension for my Hinkley Bonneville. The standard stuff is not really up to the job and I'm looking at aftermarket alternatives.

IKON are offering a suitable alternative (not sure of price) and I can get a set of Hagon shocks for approx $340 landed in Melbourne ex USA.

Obviously there are others, but I don't have the knowledege to source the best value parts for my needs - I'm not fast and I'm not interested in anything other than touring & commuting and some time above the speed limit if I really get excited...but going around corners fast is not something I'm good at. However, I can tell that my bike is NOT OK beneath me when cornering and or encountering bumpy roads.

Advice please.

I might not get back here for a few days as I'm working on my stand at the Melbourne Expo for the next 3 days.
  2. Not had any direct experience with the Hagon shocks but I did buy an Ikon for my old K100rs Beemer. No adjustable compression damping but 4 rebound steps. (I think from memory) Enough range to stop it pogoing along like a boat without being too slow/rigid either. About 8 stepped spring preload settings. Quite happy with it for the price. And they are fully rebuildable as well.
    Just on a side note, check out the swingarm bushes thoroughly for wear. Any slack will cause some pretty weird cornering behaviour :shock: