Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Survived my first Week!

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by V8cressida, May 12, 2006.

1. Took my bike to work 3 out of 5 days this week. clocked up 435km and i'm still on planet earth. :p.
    Had some pretty crappy and cold weather to contend with and learnt heaps. The most fun I had was coming home today across the causeway that links midway point to seven mile beach in Hobart, with a wicked cross wind. I had more lean on the bike than I do around some corners :roll: . The best bit was MCGees Bridge which is at the midway point end of the causeway. It is a Solid Concrete type with sides that come up to just below head height in normal riding position. The feeling of riding across it in high winds must be similar to what the astronouts experience during re entry into earths atmosphere. My poor little ZZR didn't know which way to go......left and right all at the same time...woohoo! :grin:

And as for fuel consumption. What fuel consumption :shock: let me get this right, you ride for a while then put fuel in right ? Hmmm my last fill got me 255km on 9L thats 3.5L/100km or 80.5 mpg !. Okay I might have not filled it up to exactly where I started (I did try).

2. glad you're having fun mate, if you want a half accurate way of testing the fuel economy fill it to the brim (12lt. tank i think) and then run it until you hit reserve (just make sure you know how to switch it over while riding you don't want the engine to die with a truck behind you) :grin:

whatever distance you made is using 9lt. of the tank (the non-reserve part) i think that's the size of the zzr's tank as far as i know.

3. Just checked the owner manual... fuel tank holds 18 litres- assume 16 + 2 reserve.