Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Superbike School-Vic. Why are there only 2 a month?

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by undii, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Just looking at the California SuperBike school dates and seeing that there are stuff after this month. Basically from http://www.superbikeschool.com.au/shop/home.php?cat=249

There is:

Thursday, 18th of October, 2007
    Friday, 19th of October, 2007
    Saturday, 3rd of November, 2007
    Sunday, 4th of November, 2007
    Monday, 17th of December, 2007
    Tuesday, 18th of December, 2007

2 in each month, just seeing why if anyone knows/guesses? Sorry if the reason has been posted before, I can't recall reading it before. And on that note, I'm looking at doing (level 1 I guess due to not doing it before :oops: ) either Friday 18th of Oct or Monday 17th December. BIG difference in times due to really not being available on weekends to go.

Anyone else thinking of going on Thur or Fri 18/19th of Oct or Mon 17th of December?
  2. My guess would be because it costs X amount to hire the facility, regardless of whether you fill the numbers or not, so be sure you are going to get maximum attendance or lose money!
  3. Hey mate.

I am doing lvl 1 on the friday 18th. come keep me company.

The reason i think that the school happens only 2 times a month, is getting all the instructor there at the same time. cause i am sure they have other jobs/roles.
  4. Sounds good, I think you just sold me for booking on that date :grin:
  5. Why bother asking here. Pick up your phone ,and ask them.
  6. A lot of tracks operated 7 days a week, almost every day in the year, it's probably all the spots they can get, and maybe they just dont have the demand for more days? Who knows...
  7. I will be there on thurs 18th of Oct to do Level 3 :grin: :grin: :grin:

cant wait

re nr of schools, as previous posts have pointed out, this is a fully operational race track, school days have to be slotted in between race fixtures (car & bike), track days etc.

You may find that the 1st half of 2008 will include more weekends.

give the team at the school a call, they are a right friendly bunch :grin:
  8. California SB School tours internationally.

When they ain't in Oz, they're in a diff country running another school there... Each region (Europe, Australia, US) has their own franchise-co-ordinator who handles the bookings, but afaik it's the same main guys that go round the world doing the tuition (Keith?), but bring in additional local instructors for each country... (could be wrong, but s'how twas explained to our guys at the Silverstone dates earlier this year)
  9. +1 if you want a real answer.
  10. Yes, you are wrong. Australia has it's own instructors and head instructor, who is Steve Brouggy. I believe Keith has been here for a visit once, but the Australian franchise operates completely independantly.

p.s. I will be doing one of the school dates in December.
  11. Keith has been here twice and both times brought some of his top instructors over as well.
    Our guys also get the chance to work over in the US and UK if they want.