Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Superbike School 2/10 @ Eastern Creek

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by Brento, Aug 5, 2012.

1. So I booked in for the CSS level 1 on October 2nd at Eastern Creek, anyone from here heading out? Will be taking the bike out on my ute, any tips for the day? Never been to a track before, so should be pretty good!

2. CCS is a pretty formal format.

The only thing I'll say is to get there in plenty of time to finish up registration and scrutineering , it'll help you relax into the day rather than stressing out.

And have a good time, it's a lot of fun.
  3. I am booked in for the 3rd of October level 1
  4. Yeah will be sorting that all out, hopefully get there with a bit of time to setup. I've read the track day prep thread but for CSS is there anything I need to do to my bike? ie. number plate, mirrors etc.
  5. No, in the scrutineering process a couple of guys will give your bike a look over, drop your tyre pressures and tape your mirrors. I'd already dropped my pressures down to 30 when I fueled up, but otherwise I did it on my road bike and just rocked up.

Some guys covered their plates but I didn't bother, it's a training course not a track day.

Fill out your forms before and to save fartarsing around. And it sounds obvious but give your bike a good visual inspection well before the day, tyres have to have tread, nothing looking like it's about to fall off, that sort of thing. Your protective gear is as per the ride day requirements.

Keep focus on what you're supposed to be practicing each track session, the instructors are trained to ask you as many questions as they answer. Focusing on what you're task will make the end of each session debrief more meaningful.

That's about all I can think of, to be honest, there's not a lot of tips to give because the course is well laid out.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Make sure your tyres and brakes have plenty of meat on them. Madaz can always sort you out with a set of hoops if yours are low (at a price, of course), but they're unlikely to have brake pads for your bike, so if they're getting a bit too low, replace them, and bed them in before you go to the track.

It's a good idea to have a few litres of isotonic drinks. I mixed up 4L of staminade for the one I did. It was a pleasant 26 deg C, but I still went through 3L of it (plus some coke for the caffiene because I'm not really an early starter), and I didn't pee very much for all that water, so it must've come out as sweat. In other words, don't let yourself dehydrate, and don't let your salts/energy deplete.

You're doing the right thing by driving there. You'll probably be knackered at the end of the day, with all the concentrating you'll be doing! Better yet, if the track is a bit of a drive from where you live, it's a good idea to get accommodation nearby for the night before, and possibly also the night of the course.

Most of all, within the bounds of doing the activities as directed, have fun! CSS L1 was my first time on the track, and I had an absolute blast, and I learned HEAPS!!! :D

PS: My current avatar was a photo taken of me at CSS L1... Mmmm... Wonderful memories! :D
  7. hehehe .. i'll be there October 1-3 :grin:
  8. if i dont have a buddy for that Qld thingy; i ll join ya for lev.3 on weds 3rd

9. Yeah I'll be there, I'm the old old guy with the blue R1 Big Bang. One thing I recommend is something cool it'll be hot out there.

10. Cool, should be a good day getting fair keen. If you see a blue 250 ninja come say hi!
  11. I'll be doing level 2 on the second, so if you see a GIX3R 750, impersonating Harvey Dent with two mismatched panels on either side and molten rhoks on .. that'll be me :grin:
  12. I will be doing level 1 on the 3/10/12.... who is doing the same
  13. Yes got call today as was on waiting list.
  14. Well I'm going to have a big week at EC. Super Bike on the 2nd Oct and track days on the 4th and 5th Oct YES.

15. booked in for the 1/11!
  16. That was easily the best thing I've done on my bike! Now to book a track day!
  17. You guys never came over to say hi!! I was there all three days!

Then again, I could have done the same. I had Netrider and RHOK keyrings on my backpack for easy identification, but I suppose we were all fully G'd up anyway :grin:

Wednesday was hot though, felt the temp rise under the leathers after lunch big time!
  18. I legit looked out for you haha! My bike was pretty much the first one parked up as you came into the pits