Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Sup dudes n dudettes, New on/off road rider here

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by troyxlr8, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Hi all,

I just thought I would say G'day.. Ive been dirt bike riding for abit but thought I would get my licence and get a road registerable bike.

So I just put the deposit n finance approved for the new BMW G650. (Don't hold the BMW stigma against me lol) I thought i would dig deep and get something that holds up reliability wise and liked the idea of the standard features.

Anyway Im keen to come out on a ride and once i have abit of experience, id be uber keen to hit up an on/off-road adventure somewhere cool :D

Sweet, hope to see u guys soon!
  2. you in vic? I've been looking for people to go on an on/off-road adventure with, I have a dr650 :)
  3. I sure am mate. Im in Parkville ;)
    I still havent even taken delivery of it yet but should be on either the 8th or the 16th. ;)

I couldnt justify the $750 per day the tour companies want to tag along either but its always best when you make your own way hehe
  4. Hi and welcome to NR.

I heard all BMW riders were toffy nosed oldies who never nod.
  5. Welcome to NR :)
  6. welcome mate !
  7. Hey thanks guys! Haha yeah I heard that about BMW riders as well, maybe I'm not the usual BMW rider tho, & I'm 30 years young ;)

I've also noticed those toffy scooter riders never nod, what's up with that?
  8. I was going to warn you not to get GreyBM started on the BMW's, but I can see I was too late :cheeky: Welcome to NR.
  9. Id personnaly be pissed off if a scooter rider nodded at me!
  10. I missed this part... queue smee in 5....4...3...2.... :bolt:
  11. Hahaha classic...
    You guys seem like a great bunch! I'm looking forward to popping along for a ride with you! ;)
  12. Hey Guys, UPDATE!
    I didnt end up with the G650, they took too long so I upgraded to what they had in stock which was the F650GS.
    So pumped.. this bike is soo much better and smoother!

Attached Files:

13. Cool toy even if it does look like it has been punched in the eye.
  14. SAAA jealous! we need to go on a 4WD track ride some day - my bike will eat your bike offroad ;)
    Have fun with it :)
  15. Thanks Guys..

Kernel: For sure man! I need some knobby's to cut sick off road! So yeah your bike will eat mine off road but if ur up for some serious mud flinging ill chuck the KLX650 on the trailer and meet u up there ;)
  16. No that's not fair, you have to put dual sports on the BMW and do it on that :p
  17. haha fair enough, we'll see.. i got her a little dirty on the weekend actually but as much as those tyres feel alright on the dirt, i aint trusting them until i get some tkc80's or something...
  18. damn that's actually a nice lookin bike... i like the weird looking BMWs hehe...
    welcome and have fun :D
  19. haha thanks man! It's a great ride too! It feels like it should be in one of the James Bond bike chases when u ride it.. Even more so when it was warm the other day n I rode to work in my suit lol..

Maybe its just my creative mind tho hehe..
  20. #20 Kernel, Sep 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    Here's a BMW in a James Bond bike scene: [media=youtube]yBlUBL6ikwQ[/media]
    BMW R1200C in case you're wondering, BMW's strange attempt at a cruiser