Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Sunstate motorcycles

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by geeth, Jul 13, 2009.

1. As a lot of people know I have just bought a new bike and it was from a dealer.

Just thought that I would post a little bit about my experience with them though for people that don't wanna read much - It was a good experience.

The start of this was all done via e-mail. Most details not needed but basically emails went back and forth and got pics. Replies where within a timely manner.

Then I called them to arrange a inspection and test ride. I got some paperwork sent through to me to sign and send back it was all subject to finance and me liking the bike, also put on a $100 holding deposit.

A few days later, I took the 140 km trip up to the sunshine cost to see what would be my new bike.
    The bike was out warming up and had a chat to Paul (the sales guy that I had been emailing). Conversation was nice and easy no "this is the fullyiest sick bike dudez" sorta sales crap.
    There wasn't any preasure just pointing out features on the bike.

I took the bike out for a test ride with Paul. The route that we went was great containing a bit of everything. There was some intersections a twisty little bit of residential rode to help test the handling and also some motorway stuff as well.
    Thankfully it didn't have any u-turns because well I suck at them.

When we got back I knew I was buying the bike, I think Paul knew that to.

I couldn't do anything with the price (though I was happy with the normal price TBH) because of the contract that I signed before. I guess that's another thing to put on my - things to look for next time list - which is getting longer.
    I told Paul that the brakes where a little iffy and I would like the gear lever dropped a little, so they where added to the list.

I did end up getting discounts on some accessories though. But that's later.

So after I went in I had a bit more of a chat to Paul. The whole time everything was just like a general conversation and not pushy salesmen crap that makes you wanna punch them and walk away.
    From there off I went to the accessory shop to look at some stuff with a bloke called Nando -when I heard the name I wanted peri peri sauce on chips. Good service once again and everything went smoothly.

From there I went with Crystal to talk insurance finance etc. Insurance I already knew that I was going to get through them and glad I did. They muched Suncorps price (that's with a staff discount) and got my rating to 1 on a better policy through swann. The finance talk was more sales style then the talks I had with Paul or Nando, but it wasn't over the top or to pushy.
    I ended up getting financed through the bank in the end.

On pick up day I only had a bit of a delay when I had to wait for Nando. I was a little disapointed that they didn't have the accessories ready for me since I had told Paul exactly the ones that I wanted. But you get that.

All in all great service not to pushy with sales stuff and pretty well organised except the accessories bit.

Post sales - There was an error on the insurance policy and when I let Crystal know of this, she got that fixed up (yay didn't have to contact an insurer) and sent me a new copy of the policy when it was done.
    So that's a plus in my book
    Would go back again
  2. Brought a bike from them, would do it again - good guys
  3. Bought two bikes from them. All good.
  4. I put a $500 deposit on a bike with them. Didn't end up purchasing and they gave me my $500 deposit back. And it only took a good reason for them to oblige. :) Paul was disappointed but accepting of the fact things can happen out of the customers control. It was a good customer service experience overall.