Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Sunny days

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Krooza, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Is it better to wear sunglasses or buy a tinted visor for sunny days? 8)

2. I use both, have a light sensitivity problem.
  3. A good pair of sunnies is better than a tinted visor any day of the week (my last pair of oakleys broke, using a tinted visor).

You have the added benefit of being able to take them off and whack them in your pocket when it gets dark, no need for visor change.
  4. BUT, a tinted visor looks cool.... :LOL: :LOL:
  5. hmm, who to agree with, Skuff or Dan?
    I have to wear glasses all the time, so I have a pair of prescription Polaroids and use a clear visor. I change to normal prescription glasses when it gets dark.
    If you don't have to wear glasses, the visor every time, taking a helmet off and putting it back on WITH glasses is a royal pain.....
  6. don't know about you, :? but normally i take my sunnies or whatever off before i put my helmut on then put them back on... :? :D
  7. yeah i would have thought you'd put the helmet on first then the sunnies, but either way it must be a tight fit
  8. Both, that way you're not blinded by the light when you lift your visor so you can breathe on a stinkin hot day.
  9. i think its betteer to have sunglasses cos with the melbourne weather u dont know wats headin ur way.
    my mates have tinted visers
  10. Tinted safety glasses are also good, they're cheap so you don't have to worry about breaking/losing them but will still block UV as good as an expensive pair of sunnies. They're also less likely to be damaged by flying debris if you ride with the visor up.
  11. I get headaches wearing glasses with my helmet...I just carry a visor withme (I always have a bag with me anyway, so I just chuck one in as well). I used to ride all the time with a tinted visor, but it was lighter than the one I have now....and it was only short trips, so I didn't worry too much. Now I hate being caught out with my tinted visor at night.

:D :D :D
  12. There is a balance between getting thin enough arms while retaining strength in your sunglasses. There is a degree of trying the sunglasses out with the helmet on. Some sunglasses have very thick arms.
  13. Dave just bought a pair of Titanium framed glasses....there must be something similar of the tinted variety. The beauty of them is that you can bend them, twist them ( to a certain extent) and be a little rough with them and they go stright back to their forged shape.

:D :D :D
  14. I go for sunnies. That way I can ride with the visor up when its warm. :)

I tried on a few and am happy with the cheapo pair I got from the chemist.

The arm is straight and clos to my head with rubber bits at the end so they sit well.
  15. I need a pair of these - my oakleys eventually fatigued at the frame due to constant bending in the helmet. :cry:
  16. Yes, that is the same metal that I have in both the spectacles and prescription sunglasses that I use on the bike.