Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Sunbury Yamaha no more ?

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by The Snout, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Anyone know what's going on at Sunbury Yamaha (Victoria) ?

Went past on saturday. Seems they are staying in the bike business but looks like they are dropping the Yamaha dealer thing. All Yamaha signage seemed to be stripped from the place.

2. I heard on the grapevine that they have lost their Yamaha agency.

Couldn't have happened to a more deserving business.

I will drive anywhere this side of the city not to spend a cent there.
  3. Seems to be a growing trend 2 good dealers near me did same. Bit of a shame, just shows how hard Yamaha HQ push dealers to shift product to pay for Valentino's and others salary :0)
  4. I prefer Slipstream anyway.
  5. couldn't happen to a nicer place.....lieing and thieving picks they are anyway
  6. Someone more vitriolic than I! At least I don't feel like I was singled out for special treatment. :LOL:

I've never found terribly friendly but at least Slipstream seem honest. Still take my business out of Sunbury.
  7. Makes me happy I only ever bought a Dririder jacket from them and some boots.
  8. I am interested to find out what their "new and exciting plans" are going to be.... those signs have been up for a while now.

Haven't purchased anything form there, from the above seems like I might have been lucky :)
  9. as far as i understand they (yamaha) were forcing them to keep to much product on the floor and move to much so i beleive what they plan to do is going into selling good second hand bikes and a range of accessories.