Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Sumoto New WRF450

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by tjp69, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Hi Guys,
    Just a though on this company. I have read previous threads but they are a few years old now so i am wondering if they have improved. I am looking at the 2011 WRF450 for $9980-. I called in and spoke to the guy and they are waiting for the next shipment due next week. The bikes are sold in crates so you need to put the bars and front wheel on but are brand new. You can only get REC Reg for them which is fine for what i want. You also have no warranty with the bikes, although you only get 2 or 3 months anyway from everyone else.

2. If they are brand new then why don't you get a warranty.

Are you sure it's not like everything else they sell, 10 to 20 years old but Aus complianced in 2011?
  3. Are you sure it's not like everything else they sell, 10 to 20 years old but Aus complianced in 2011 There are brand new YZ450 bikes there as well in crates and some set up on the floor, all with the Ally frame design. I will be inspecting plates etc when they arrive
  4. No.

Wrong. Try 2-3 years for most major manufacturers.

You've been led up the garden path.

Aren't they about that price new here, with factory warranty anyway?
  5. I am also seeing if anyone has bought one of the dirt bikes from there lately
  6. They will be Grey Imports. They are 6K in the US.
  7. i will put $100 on being grey imports. thats why you cant rego them. i would not even bother with them TBH, as resale will be terrible.

and sumoto are a bunch of scammers.
  8. They can be rec reg'd not road reg'd.
    dont you need any type of ADR for rec reg?
  9. Sounds to me like you've already made your mind up, now just looking for someone to support your decision.

I wouldn't ever go anywhere near Sumoto, but best of luck to you if you do. You'll need it.
  10. *cough*sumoto plant*cough*
  11. Hi definetly havn't made up my mind but am losing interest in it with the feedback,
    Thanks i will keep looking around
  12. so they give you the bike in a crate? mighte make it hard to ride home
  13. Isn't it illegal for a business to sell a vehicle without warranty now?
  14. You only need to put the front wheel and bars on. I also asked them about doing it and he said it was $150-

If this is the case it is even more dodgy](*,)
  15. you dont need any sort of ADR compliance to get rec rego. makes the bike useless for people in other places.

sumoto is a bunch of cant's
  16. For an extra $1500-$2K you can get one from a Yamaha dealer, thats ADR and has factory warranty.......

Oh and Smee, I hope that "cough" clears up soon......... Otherwise may develope into a "Cough - welcome to the forum - Cough".......