Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Sumoto learner package special

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Minority153, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Okay, so I know these guys have a pretty poor rep, but at the same time, if it's true that they're trying to turn over a new leaf, well this special they have is mighty tempting.

So basically the gist is, but a lams bike from them, and they'll throw in free $1000 package, including, helmet, jacket, gloves, 50% off first service, and some other stuff I can't remember.

But to me, even though they have had a bad rep in the past, this seems to be one awesome deal.

What do you guys think? Worth the risk?

And do they only stock second hand bikes?
  2. Nothing is free

Shop around
  3. They've had similar packs in the past. And you will get similar deals from other vendors if you haggle.

Be aware you also can't test ride the bikes.
  4. They items they give you will probably be the cheapest of the cheap, marked up heavily to equate to $1000.
    Ask them what brand/model of Los and Jacket...
  5. as above they have been advertising that "special deal" for years, if you go to places like AMX, bikers gear Australia,& use the clearance sections at places like Peter Steven's etc you will come close to matching.
  6. Wow, they're reputation is that bad huh?

By clearance sections at peter stevens, do you mean like a bargain bin? Or is there a clearance store peter stevens around?
  7. Have a look in the Welcomes Thread, they are still selling shit bikes.

As everyone else has said, shop around. The other issue is the helmet they 'give' you may not fit your head.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. So there ninja 250s start at $4990. A quick look on gumtree I found a ninja 250 for $2200 Ono that runs fine. Enough said
  9. Well, when you put it like that.... Lol, what was I thinking?!