Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Summer riding gear

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by chmaiden, Nov 25, 2009.

1. what do people wear in the Summer when riding? Have taking the liner out of my motodry pants, but still stinking hot and sweaty!!!

2. Dryrider mesh jacket, Dryrider mesh gloves, kevlar jeans and short RJays boots.

Still stinking hot but the best I can do without being a squid!

3. Thongs, shorts, T shirt, Helmet, Sunnies, Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
  4. My Silver Eagle Vest keeps me cool at 45+ degrees for up to 2 hours. Worn under a mesh jacket.
  5. Teknic Supervent jacket, Dri rider Rally x pro pants or hornees. I swap between Berik Vision gloves and teknic chicane gloves, both do pretty well in the heat.
  6. Joe Rocket 'UFO' jacket, plus regular jeans. Probably should invest in real protective jeans...but thats the life of a student for you.

Meanwhile, anything with a waterproof liner is probably going to be hot unless its bloody expensive.

Cheers - boingk
  7. mesh jacket over a coolmax top, textile pants and summer gloves
  8. That looks good! Does it really work?? Seems counter intuitive to add an extra layer of clothing to keep you cooler. :-s

9. thats what i was thinking. if it works im down with that for sure. anyone else tried these "cool vests" or know of any other manufacturors
  10. I'll go further - NO fully waterproof gear is going to be bearable on a hot day, unless the waterproof component can be removed. Unless you enjoy swimming in sweat, that is.
    If you've got waterproofing sewn in, you'll need to buy additional summer gear, end of story.
  11. It works. I wore it last summer when I was riding the Great Ocean Road in 48 Degrees the week before Black Saturday.
  12. I'm in desperate need of a summer jacket too. From your suggestions and after little searching I came across this jacket: http://www.ridersdiscount.com/street-gear/jackets-men/84965.php

It's the Joe Rocket UFO 2.0 and I quite like this new(er) version of the jacket. I'd prob get it in the grey colour.

Now my question is where does one find this jacket here in melbourne? Has anyone actually seen this particular jacket in the stores?

I'd probably just order it from the US (cause it'd be prob cheaper) but would need to try one on first.

Apologies to the OP for the mini hijack... :)
  13. Riders Discount have a pretty good reputation and stuff I've ordered from them has always arrived promptly.
  14. Yeah I have no problem ordering from them... I've already bought boots from them - Only problem is I'm a little wary of sizing... I would prefere to try the jacket on from somewhere here first then I'd place the order on RD.com if there's a significant cost savings...
  15. might be cheaper here

16. I'm wanting to check out the A* Sniper Airflow jacket, as the rest of my gear is all A*

Just got to find a place that stocks them to try it on though
  17. Peter Stevens in Dandenong had them last time I was there.
  18. Cool thanx
  19. Last week I bought a Motodry (Le Chic) mesh jacket. I took the liner out and went for a good long ride yesterday west of Brisbane in 40 degree heat with highish humidity. It passed with flying colours, even though I was still very hot, I was a heap less hot than if I had been wearing my leather jacket. I hear you can wet them also, and think that would make them even better!
  20. Had a look at them toady, they don't look to good in person...