Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Summer Pants

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Julien, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Hi guys

I am looking into buying my first bike pants (got my L's last week). I went to MCAS Sydney at lunch time and I looked at Rjays EVO and Rjays All Seasons Pants. Price is not the same...

At the beginning I was thinking of getting some Draggin Jeans because they look cool but then I thought that I'd rather feel protected than cool...

I would use the pants everyday for commuting.

Any thoughts?
  2. I use the hornee black cargo pants from mcas...

Commute from northern Beaches to the city. With a pair of knee guards they should be plenty safe enough. Although I don't wear knee guards.
  3. Dragons are fine for summer and commuting.

But with winter and wet weather approaching I'd personally also look at buying a pair of the others you were looking at with the quilted liner. Then you have the seasons covered.

Just my 2c.
  4. Bought the Rjays all season pants at christmas and very happy with them. The mesh panels in the thights and shins offer excellent ventilation on the warm days. I wear my draggins for around town stuff but when I get into the hills I like the extra protection and armour propper pants provide. The zip in waterproof liner may not be quilted but my mesh jacket uses the same system and is fine on all but the coldest of winter nights.