Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

summer jackets

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by outtalive, Nov 25, 2004.

1. Anyone recommend a good summer jacket for under $350? I prefer the short sports style jackets and one that is mesh or includes lots of vents would be good. I saw these stagg ones at Moto One in Oakleigh but they were a bit old-style..

2. DriRider Mesh, it's all you need to know :)

3. Heya,

I got the joe rocket pheonix summer jacket... We paid $200-220 can't remember exact... It fits like the short sports ones.. has great armour, including a pretty good back protector (well beter than the one in my Dry Rider 3 jacket anyway)... They come in pretty cool colours.. I got red/silver/black.. While my husband got blue/silver/black.. but ther are others...

Here's a pic of one in yellow...
    http://web.aanet.com.au/csls22/Gear/

Lisa :twisted:

4. MotoDry Summer. Very good jacket. Looks and feels well made. Cost me 200, normally about 250.

5. There is a newer version of the DriRider DriMesh advertised in the latest Two Wheels magazine. Has both the removable waterproof lining and thermal quilt. As I remember it was $299 RRP.

Wish the one I got had the quilted liner..brrr....it gets cold in Alexandra during winter. :?

6. Those joe rocket or motodry ones sound alright, know places in melbourne that are likely to stock them? I don't know about you guys but I don't really like the long look of dri riders. Obviously a godsend in the wet but a bit fuddy-duddy for my liking..am I alone here?

7. Not real close for ya, but Floyd Parkes in Ferntree Gully carry Joe Rocket gear.

Very good store, they'll get ya a cuppa while you test thier patience trying on every bloody thing in the store.

I've bought gloves and a jacket off them recently and were pretty good on the price too.

8. mesh only or a true multi-purpose jacket?
    If the former, any $170-250 mesh-only jacket will do. If the latter, DriRider RallyCross, which is a mesh jacket with removable waterproof membrane RRP $329 less NetRider discount at BikeMart/ Ringwood.
    Spent another $70 for the drink-bladder/thermoliner and CE-approved armour-kit.

One for all seasons and the ONLY one on the market in camouflage colours :))
    www.mcleodaccessories.com.au/products/dririder/dririder_rallycross.html

cheers
    pete