Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Summer Gloves

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by rod, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Anyone got any suggestions of good Summer gloves. Just black leather is what I am looking for.

2. I just picked up some of these for $60, http://www.rjays.com.au/home/products/gloves-pursuit2-glove.html

So far so good, very cool because of the perforations, good feel too. Seams are a bit prominent on the inside, but they should mold pretty well with some use.

You get what you pay for, if they last the summer, all good!

3. Up in the QLD summer I use A* SP-2 gloves. they have nice protection, are comfy and cool.

I paid $100 for my pair.

4. I've got some SP-1 gloves that are pretty shit. Virtually no fastening there at all. But they have carbon fibre knuckles which means I go fasterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

5. Thanks guys will be checking both out today or tomorrow.

6. Have a look at A* SP3's. I have a two year old pair that fit like gloves :LOL: Seriously though, Cool by Victorian Summer standards, Adequatee protection without resorting to carbon fibre knuckle protection, really good feel and above all comfotrable. Can't remember what they cost but not extortionate. At the end of the day it's a personal thing but I'll buy another pair when mine finally cry enough

7. +1

I've had a pair for a good 2 years as my SP1s developed a hole on the inside of the index finger. Good fit, comfy and not too hot.

The only problem is they just happen to smell like 2 year old gloves that get worn every day :?

8. I have some SP3s in XXXL - nothing else was big enough. I needed some summer gloves without any armour. Freeway riding in anything other than stinking hot weather with my existing armoured cheapies put pressure on my knuckles. This restricted circulation and I ended up with chilblains from hell for 6 weeks.

They seemed well enough made for a $70 pair of gloves, and are nice and compact so I can carry them as an extra all the time.