Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by n1ck, Oct 18, 2005.

1. hi guys.. i've been working my butt off this past few months!!! been itching to buy a bike!! now i've got bout $3000 saved up and can finally start looking for a bike! wooohooo!!! anyways, just wondering wat u guys would choose.. a kawasaki gpx or a honda spada. i've came down to those two bikes. i like the honda spada better but since i can get the kawasaki gpx a lot cheaper, i'm actually leaning towards the gpx at the moment.. wat u guys think?? should i save a bit more and get the spada or should i just get the gpx, which i can get for about $2000. and which bike is better anyways???

2. After doing my research, I'm looking at getting a gpx/zzr. There seems to be two reasons to get a cheap first bike: the drop factor, and the restrictions factor. I know I'll want a more powerful bike in a year and a half, so the lower the investment the better.

3. honda cb250............you know you want it!!!
  4. You've probably already seen it but have a read of this
  5. thanx for the replies guyz.. but which bike is better?? i mean if you guys were to choose between the two bikes; say a gpx for $2500 and a spada for $3500 which bike would u guys choose??
  6. We haven't seen the bikes so can't give a definate answer. It would come down to condition, service history, age, mileage as well as potentially personal taste and colour. :wink:
  7. Get the cheap one, thrash n trash it and think about a nice bike when you get off yer L plates!

Or, you could look after it and probably not lose any money on the resale.
  8. aren't you in sydney???

you should be under a the LAM'S scheme or whatever it is. If so why are you looking at 250's?
  9. Personally, I like the Spada slightly more. The main reason for this was that I felt cramped Sitting on a GPX.

I have heard alot of really good things about the GPX though, like that they go forever and that they're practically 'learner-proof': They get bought by learners, dropped by learners, fixed, ridden, dropped, ridden, ridden, fixed, traded, bought by learners, (repeat)...

I didn't actually pay all that much attention to the one Spada I sat on - I wanted plastic and had pretty much settled on an across by that time, so I can't really say much about it. I think they're a nice bike though.

If I was you and the GPX doesn't feel cramped, I'd probably go with it: Cheaper & more cool plastic...

...you really should get an across, though... ;)
  10. I went for the Spada as I couldn't find a GPX with low enough K's in good enough condition. Also the Spada has a good rep (search on these forums). I have nothing against GPX's though as this was what I initially wanted. I think the insurance might have been a bit cheaper on the Spada too. Anyways a couple of weeks on the Spada and it's good fun, nice clutch and the revs are good to work with around town.
  11. Either will be great - try both, and see which one is the more comfortable to ride: I guarantee one will tickle your fancy more than the other. Then go with that one! Motorcycling is as much a choice of the heart as it is of the head... ;)