Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Suggested Day trips around Victoria for Solo Rider?

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' at netrider.net.au started by cptnrickstar, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Hi All,

I've had my license for 12months. I've been to the black spur/ dandenong mountains on many occasions. I also have traveled to Geelong a few times. I need some new locations with plenty of twists and turns -as I am getting bored and don't have any mates with motorbikes!! :(

Again my days off are Thursday and Fridays when I ride and I go solo, so I don't want to be travelling more than 100kms out of Melbourne.
    I have also been to the Thursday night met point at BP marina, but its way to cold now!!!! Will be back there in the summer for sure!

Any suggestions would be greatly appericated!
    Thanks!! :grin:

2. You'll find plenty of people to ride with around here!

http://www.motowhere.com/listpaths/srchkey/melbourne

has lot of very cool user created maps, the Yarra Valley Loop is a nice easy one with heaps of scenic views, but there are plenty of others.

Have fun!

3. Great! Thank you both for the feedback! :grin:

4. hi, have u ever considered doing a ride day??

there's one this friday at broadford which is about 45mins out of melbourne, heaps of fun and u learn a lot.