Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Suggest a Sydney mechanic ?!

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by coeus, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Just bought a 2009 Custom VStar this morning. This is officially my first post here.

Am very happy with the purchase, albeit have noticed small things as I've been riding it today. Difficult to see whilst inspecting it prior to purchase, in either case - I'd still have bought it :)

Over the last 10 years, have been taking my car to a local mechanic (not a dealer) for services, and am ecstatic with them. I wish to find someone that I can take my bike to for services and tune-ups.

Can you recommend an honest motorcycle mechanic?! Location within 25km of the CBD will be great. Will travel for quality.

Thank you.
  2. Ive got a V-Star and found Simon from The Bikesmith Blacktown very helpful. He pointed out things that needed to be done or things that can be held off till the next service, kept me updated, very caurtious, took pictures of the parts replaced, and gave excellent advice etc. Their price was a tad higher than everyone else but not excessive and the work was top notch. From their website it also seems that Simon has a long history with Yamaha's, this experience shows when talking to him in person, Simon even hinted to me that I had my saddle bag the wrong way around lol.

Another good advantage is that his workshop is within walking distance to Blacktown station.
  3. Beaconsfield Motorcycles, Botany Road, Beaconsfield. (just past Green Square Train station heading south) Honest hard working friendly a well priced.

Great for free advice too
  4. This has been asked an answered before but I'll put another vote in for Lloyd Penn at Artarmon. I generally do most of my own work but if I'm stuck he's one of the few I'll happily go to.
  5. My vote is for: Castle Hill Motorcycles 9894 8225 - Owner Michael Cook.
  6. Went to Castle Hill when bike shopping, the boss there seemed really good and knowledgable.
  7. Anyone happen to know a good/decent mechanic around the south west (campbelltown) if possible?

Thanks for the info :)
  8. Is Taren Point too far out of the way?
  9. +1 bikesmith.
  10. apparently this place sounds decent. any reviews/thoughts on this place.
  11. Tooper Lu's is at moorebank behind BP on heathcote rd, about 400m off the m5
  12. Lloyd Penn is a really knowledgable, and most importantly, honest!
  13. Looks like a good place to ride to.