Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Suggest a new bike <$35k thats a bit uncommon in AU

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by Wilbur, Nov 21, 2007.

1. In August I'll be ready for a new bike, planning to order it in 4-5 months if all goes well. I'd like to spend less than $20k+ORC but for something exceptional I'd be willing to spend some more and wait longer if it’s a new release.

I'm more of a sports bike kinda guy but I'm open to suggestions. I'll mostly be using it for short hops around the neighbourhood and day rides (royal, bells etc), I won’t be using it as an every day commuter. I'd expect to do 1 or 2 long weekends a year, Syd-Mel for example so it needs the ability to carry a bit of luggage but not as it's primary function.

It'd help it comes in red too :p

Most of all though, I don't really want something that I'll see every other day out on the road. I don't want to sound too wanky but it'd be nice if it could turn a head or two. For instance, in the past 12 months, I've only seen two Buells.

So, this far, at the top of my list is either a Buell Firebolt XB12R or the new '08 1125R (although I'd have to see it in the flesh first, not sure about the front of it).

2. Is orange close enough to red?
    The new KTM RC8 1190 will be out soon. Should go well, but I get the feeling you won't see too many of those around...

3.  Top
  4. F4 R312
    It comes in red and grey but I think the black and white looks better.
    [​IMG]

5.  Top
  6. Custom paint was the first thing I thought of when you said you wanted it to stand out.

Check out my bike; 12yo ZZR 1100. Paint makes all the difference. Turns a ho-hum bike into a FWOAR! bike. Mine not only turns heads, but gets constant compliments.

Now, I'm not suggesting you go Harlequin. Just saying that a paint job that is distinctly custom gets noticed.

7. Get an MT-01 with Stage 3 kit (hicomp pistons and all)... $28k and VERY rare, and looks like nothing else on earth...

8. This is my pick

DUCATI 848

Price to be revealed soon, but rumored to be early 20's

9. What a wanky question! Ooooh look at moi, look at moi. :LOL:

10. I just noticed your on a 125 at the moment! Those are big steps in size, weight, power and insurance!

11. I guess a Ducati is the obvious choice if I wanted a red bike :p
    The 848 doesn't look too bad, neither does the 1098s

Yeah, I know they're some big jumps but I'm not some dipsht that's doing 220 down the M4 or anything, and I can just imagine what the insurance is going to be on these bikes but it's a cost I'm willing to bear.

12. Unashamedly :LOL:

13. Why not just buy a R1 & paint it pink then. You could even but BRB01 (barbie) number plates.

14. well he wants a red one, so I think he might as well get a red rather than settle for pink, especially with a good amount of money to spend.

if you want something different, get a CBR250 with a tyga kit so it looks like a new sports bike, but screams like a cbr250, so u can wind out first and second to 18,000rpms... that gets attention.

then deck some neons under neath, custom tyga kit can be sprayed your choice of custom red candy paint. spend some money on upgrading the back end to accomodate a CBR600RR back wheel, so that it looks just that bit hotter from behind. get some nice grips and oggy knobs off ebay, then you got a nice custom job which isn't dangerous, just attention seeking.

15. pfft ducati. I though you were after something different.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,22587527-5010760,00.html

16.  Top
  17. it isn't a Buell! it is a Benelli..... :?

18. In my first post I said the top of my list were two Buell's... I've changed my mind and want the Benelli now :grin: