Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Sudden change in indicator flashing speed

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by TWARBI, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Could well be a silly question as i know that in a cage if the indicator light starts flashing faster or slower then its time for a new bulb.

Is this also the case with bikes?

My r6 right side blinkers have started going a little crazy - should i be concered about electrics or just replace em?

Also am i also to assume that all good bike shops would stock replacements?

2. Yep , yep , nope and yep :LOL: :p
  3. I have the same problem. some knuckle head knocked my bike over a few nights ago and the F/R bulb is not working. The rear one is flashing like a disco light. Must get it fixed one of these days :oops:
  4. If F & R lights are still working, you possibly have a reg/rec that has or is about to shit itself. Get the reg/rec looked at before it cooks all of your electrics.

If one bulb is out, this would explain the fast flashing, that or you just installed LED indicators.
  5. Weird indicator behavior is usually a result of poor earthing. Try bulbs first and if that doesn't work then check connections.
  6. You haven't specified if it's on one side or both sides.

If it's one side only then usually you'd find a blown globe somewhere

If it's both sides with the problem I'd look at the flasher can to start with and then look at other possible problems.