Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Suction mounting (Camera)

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by Riderman, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Hi,

Just wondering if I can get some feedback on suction camera mounts (onto the fuel tank).
    As I am unable to put anything onto my bike’s handlebars, and the fuel cap does not have screw holes, the suction method will be the only way.

Any recommendations of brands? I was thinking of getting something off the eBay.

Any one of these: http://shop.ebay.com.au/?_from=R40&...uction+mount+camera&_sacat=See-All-Categories

2. Sorry mate but I woudnt trust a suction mount with my camera. There is a screw in mount designed to screw in to some of the screws around the petrol cap though .. if I had a petrol cap on the "tank" :LOL: I might do it that way.

3. I have seen them gopro suction caps hang on to drift cars, so they must be ok. Me personally, I would be tying a lanyard to the camera and attaching it to the bike, just to be safe!

4. The Go Pro ones work really well - I've used it to hang the camera off the front of the fairing, even stuck the camera on the outside of a plane a few times.

Build confidence slowly...you have to learn to trust it :)

5. Always tether the camera though!

My camera has a hand strap which I just wrap around the flip lid of the fuel cap.

I've only had the suction cup come off once when I've been using it, but tethering the camera made it a small irritation rather than a major annoyance

6. Thanks for the replies guys
    I have seen the go pro on some sites, it looks sturdier than the eBay ones.

I'll invesitgate and hopefully post some videos ;)