Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Submitting Articles

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by PatB, Oct 20, 2008.

1. As alluded to in my Racecraft course thread, I've frequently been tempted to try and get odds and ends of my writings published officially, rather than languishing in the twilight world of internet fora. Trouble is, I haven't the slightest clue as to the best (or, more realistically, least likely to utterly fail) way to approach magazine/website editors, or how to find which publications would be most approachable.

Many of you have seen my Netrider pieces and at least some of you have enjoyed them. Not to blow my own trumpet too much but I reckon that, given a bit (OK, quite a bit) of tweaking they'd be up to the necessary standard for proper publication.

So, given that Netrider collectively knows everything, is there anyone out there who can give some reasonably solid advice to a total numpty about how to see my name in print occasionally
  2. Why not send say, your Ural Outfit cross Australia tale to some mags. Maybe try Australian Road Rider first, Peter "the Bear" Thoeming would more than likely enjoy it, and you took plenty of pics to also compliment the story.

All the best with it
  3. DEFINITELY send the Ural saga to ARR; Alex is spot on; The Bear would love it!!

The recent racing article might even find a home, with some photos, if available, with Jim Scaysbrook at Old Bikes Australasia