Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Stupidly forgot to REVS Check

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by Smokae, May 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok, so here is my situation.

I've forgotten to do the REVS check before buying my bike.

Previous owner is surprised at the REVS record, had no idea.

It was a QLD registered bike. Luckily the previous owner lives down the road, but is relatively mobile, as he is with the defense force. I have his defense email, etc.

He said the owner previous to him did have money owing on it, but he attended the owner to the bank, where the amount in cash was tendered to discharge the debt in full. Over the counter he was told the encumbrance would be removed.

He does not remember being given a certificate.

We are now both in the process of talking the owner previous to him - another Defense employee - whom we hope will get to the bank quick smart for a letter stating the interest is no longer going to be recorded.

Problem is I want to be able to ride this bike, and register it in NSW, without the new address for registration popping up and some ******** sheriff coming over to collect/steal it.

I have a VCheck certificate stating there is no write off record and only has 2 registration histories on it, i.e. 2 previous owners in QLD.

I am really worried and kicking myself for the stupidity in what I have done! :-({|=

I have the forms ready to lodge with REVS to remove the entry, but I have no certificate or statement from the previous-previous-owner's bank stating the bike's debt has been cleared...Leaving me 'in the poo'. :(

MOD: https://netrider.net.au/forums/showthread.php?t=78746

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.