Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Stupid question

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Manya, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Are you allowed to drive a car and follow the barry sheen ride?'
    I really want to ride but the parental is going to have a heart attack if I take the bike. She just doesn't get it. No amount of explaining will penetrate the wall of thickness.
    My mate will be riding his bike though hence why I still want to go.

2. Sorry I can't help, I only do stupid questions on fridays, Tuesdays I do easy ones Saturdays I do hard ones :p

Seriously, how can they stop you from tagging along, as long as your at the back, it is a public rd afterall. The only thing you wont be able to do is enter the track and do a lap.
  3. how old are you again? :roll:
  4. Just tell the parentals you wont be going.

Then go anyway.

5. Manya if I were in your position I would sit down quietly with my parents and ask what it is they are so concerned about. This will give you a chance to resolve the issue.

If your parents are concerned for your safety, show them your gear (I do hope you have heaps and know all about it) to put their minds at ease.

Show them your maturity by expressing the fact that if anything bad did happen you would need them to look after you which does give them the right to have a say in it all.

This one will take work Manya. You will need stats and all kinds of know how to put their minds at ease.

Maybe you could mention something about how dangerous cars are.

Good Luck
  6. 24 years of age and still under parental conrol? Mate, me thinks you can forget about riding bikes, and instead you should seek professional health advice... :roll:
  7. sell your parents and get new ones. :p
  8. Your 24 and still listen to your parents? :eek:

Unless ur a mormon why on earth havent u moved out?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. I reckon you tell your parents to stfu and gtfo.
    Its your life, do what you will with it.

I don't really get all these parental threads. Do people like having their parents/others live their lives for them? Or don't they have enough backbone to tell em to rack off?
  10. well if you parents are paying for your car, uni fees, house and everyday living... then telling them to rack off aint easy! :p (being rich has its drawbacks :p
    and some of us actually dont want to piss our parents off!!
  11. Age to some, is irrelevant when respecting what their parents want
    takes preference.

"Honor your father & mother: that your days may be long upon the land
    which the Lord your God gives to you." (Exodus 12)

12. * you're above the age of 13 and listen to your parents?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!! :shock:
  13. I know of one great rider who, when asked what he was rebelling against, had nothing in particular, would take anything. At least you've got something.

But perhaps this is it: time for the freedom ride! Do what you wanna do, be what you wanna be, yeah! Don't let the squares get heavy on you, man!
  14. She just doesn't like riding. Hates the motorbike. All that kind of stuff. I've got the best gear money can buy buy that's irrelivant to her.
  15. Take her for a ride and show her the fun, freedom and how responsibly you ride!
  16. age is irrelevant so don't listen to some of these fcukwads on here!

sit her down and tell her to go visit this site.

while she's busy sneak out the back door and enjoy the ride.

17. man that site is just wrong... i'm gong out to sell my bike... :cry:
  18. I've learnt not to follow links Twainy posts unless it's obvious from the URL that there'll be nudity and not carnage :LOL:
  19. Check out there the percentages of "Distribution of impact locations on motorcycle helmets" - check out where it's greatest...hmmm, open face helmets...

Jeffatav, that's really bad advice - and then come home to find a note on the kitchen table: "Family, make your own dinner! I've discovered the road, I just bought me some freedom on two wheels!!"
  20. Why don't you say you're going to play at a friend's place?