Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Stupid Question, BRILLIANT Answer!!!

Discussion in 'Jokes and Humour' started by Biker Boy, Apr 8, 2011.

1. For those that don't know him, Major General Peter Cosgrove is an Australian.

General Cosgrove was interviewed on the radio recently.
    Read his reply to the lady who interviewed him concerning guns and children.
    Regardless of how you feel about gun laws you have to love this! This is one of the best comeback lines of all time.
    In a portion of an ABC radio interview between a female broadcaster and General Cosgrove who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop visiting his military Headquarters.

So, General Cosgrove, what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base?

We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery and shooting.

Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?

I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range.

Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?

I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.

But you're equipping them to become violent killers.

Well, Ma'am, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?

The radiocast went silent for 46 seconds and when it returned, this interview was over.
  2. Funny nonetheless. :)
  3. Gotta love internet hoaxes.
  4. still pretty funny!
  5. Reminds me of the Churchill one.

"You're drunk."
    "yes I am. And you're ugly and fat. However, when morning comes I'll be sober."
  6. haha. ****in funny
  7. Funny, but Peter Cosgrove is a bit more delicate than that. He got to be overall commander of the Australian armed forces, and then the Au Governor General. You don't get that far up the pole without being acutely aware that the things you say may be quoted elsewhere, out of context, to people with sharply different views and values.
  8. I couldnt resist

Attached Files:

9. Only problem with that is that it also proves -women = imaginary problems. :)
  10. "Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."
    "Ma'am, if you were my wife, I would drink it."
  11. Others from others...

"I wouldn’t vote for you if you were the Archangel Gabriel"
    "If I were the Archangel Gabriel, I’m afraid you wouldn't be in my constituency."

"What are ya gonna do about 'ousing?!"
    "Put a 'h' in front of it!"
  12. I may not have this word perfect, but the gist is there ...

Q: "So prime Minister - would you rather have a dog or a cat as a pet?"

A: "Neither. A dog has a master and a cat has staff, and I find both intolerable. Only with a pig can a man find his comfortable equal."
  13. He was Governor General while I was sleeping? :shock:

...one of us is really drunk.
  14. That would have been Sir Robert Menzies...

Who on being accused in Parliament of having a superiority complex,replied:
    ‘Considering the company I keep in this place, that is hardly surprising’.
  15. Sorry - you're right. I thought he'd done a brief term, but obviously I wasn't listening closely enough.
  16. Cosgrove was CDF for part of my service, and I consider him to be a bit of a hero of mine.
    Regardless of the symbolic nature of the position (which is why I suspect he rejectected it out-of-hand), he would have made a particularly good GG.
  17. Agreed.