Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Stupid, Dumb, Dangerous..and damn near dead

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' started by revhead998, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Vent in the reverse to normal for this forum
    Time/date: approx 7.30am 22/11/09
    Location: Rockhampton, Northbound lanes Yaamba Road, approaching Richardson Road
    Description of Road etc.: 3 lane plus turning lane closer to cross road, Dry road, visibility perfect.
    Heavily laden Hino pantech, = me (and passenger)
    #1 Harley ? = him
    #2 Harley ? = her
    Person in green car.
    "Him" and "her" in Rh lane, cruising nicely, staggered formation, Me in LH lane slightly behind.
    "Her" then decided to test my reflexes (and truck brakes) by simply moving sideways into my lane!!
    Truck ABS works very well, My reflexes much better than I thought, Missed my bull bar by less than a foot (according to my passenger).
    "Him" then also came over to my lane (safely), gestured to "her" that a RH turn was imminent, and promptly cut back across to the beginning of turning lane (again reasonably safely), "her" then followed "him" a few seconds later, only problem was that there was now a green car in RH lane, IF that car driver had been looking ahead instead of scanning there would definatly have been a serious bingle.
    Neither rider were young , inexperienced, noobs (unless of course there was an "l" or "p" plate missing...)
    Both bikes looked to be in immaculate condition,
    What I saw today was the exact reverse of the scenarios that all riders face on a daily basis.

2. harley riders aren't exactly notorious for their exceptional riding abilities. Afterall they are the bunch that think that a loud pipe saves a life.
  3. So, did the airhorn at two paces work?

(Don't worry, they probably didn't even know you were there!)
  4. What I saw today was the exact reverse of the scenarios that all riders face on a daily basis.

I think that sums it up quite well. Resale, since when did harley riders think pipes sound lives? I'm pretty sure its something to do with drowning out the b!tch on back?
  5. N4R, not having a go, but I love the irony that you ride a firestorm.

I agree that airhorns are an effective way of communicating displeasure.
  6. :rofl:

I got it cause i dig the sound and hate my neighbours! :LOL: